First Aid Training
This course teaches the fundamental principles, knowledge and skills to enable the first aider to provide emergency care for injuries and illnesses, in the home or the workplace.
The First Aid course can be customised to meet your industry requirements
The face to face training covers both theory and practical aspects of First Aid Training.
This course covers adult and child conditions.
This course will provide you with the National Qualification required to perform First Aid or CPR. .
Current industry standard is for this course to be updated every 3 years.
- how to properly assess an emergency situation
- CPR techniques on adults and infants
- using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- first aid procedures for bleeding, burns and fractures
- managing medical conditions such as anaphylaxis, asthma and seizures
- managing medical emergencies such as snake/spider bites, poisons and choking
- infection control procedures
- managing exposure to extreme temperatures
- administeringfirst aid for eye and soft tissue injuries
- assessing and moving sick and injured
- legal responsibilities of a first aider
- basic anatomy and physiology
- managing shock
How am I assessed?
Demonstration of practical skills, role plays, case studies and a written quiz.
On successful completion participants will receive a HLTAID003 Statement of Attainment in accordance with the Australian Resuscitation Council Guidelines, which is valid for 12 months.